From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-14 01:18:36

Ahhh yes. Basically the STATIC_ASSERT is preventing you from setting
tracking for a primitive type. This almost HAS to be an error. Doing this
will effect serialization of all char's in your program which is almost
certainly what you don't want to do. If you want to do this, You'll have to
wrap a char in your own type so its not a primitive anymore. Then it will
pass.

I'll add a comment to where the STATIC_ASSERT traps so that one will have an
explanation when its needed.

Robert Ramey