From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-16 17:07:40

"John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> I just pulled boost from the CVS repository and built the filesystem
>> library.
>>
>> bjam -d2 --with-filesystem
>>
>> This works and links great on my linux system. When I go over to windows
>> with MSVC 7.1 and try to link I get stuck trying to autolink to the
>> static lib.
>>
>> So It looks to me like the proper solution is to uncomment #define
>> BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK in the boost/config/user.hpp file. So I do that.
>> Now we are trying to link to the .dll. Good. Only problem is I have two
>> undefined symbols.
>> (demangled)
>> boost::filesystem::path::iterator::increment
>> boost::filesytem::path::iterator::decrement
>>

>> So what did I do wrong? I can't believe I'm the first person to have
>> this problem, but I couldn't find anything in the FAQ or mailing list
>> archives.
>
> It looks like a bug, there's no export declaration on the path::iterator
> nested class, Beman?

Exactly. Fixed in CVS. The easy fix was to add BOOST_FILESYSTEM_DECL for the
two functions, in both the header and implementation files.

I'm adding two dll tests to detect regressions. The two added dll tests are
working fine for Intel, Metrowerks, and Microsoft compilers, but are getting
runtime failures for Borland and GCC. I'll try to figure out what is
happening and get a fix together.

Thanks for the bug report,

--Beman