From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-21 22:33:09

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:38:16 -0600, Sean Rohead wrote
> I am using VS.NET 2003 and have a simple program which merely
> includes the Boost date_time library. When compiling, I get 4
> warning messages about unsafe conversions.

Sigh...

> Is there some compiler
> setting that I can change to get rid of this warning?

Yes, but you shouldn't have to...

> Shouldn't I
> be able to include a Boost library without getting warnings?

Yes. We have a basic issue with the testing platform right now that does not
allow us to see compiler warnings unless the compilation fails. Compilers
vary widely in the warnings they produce so even though date-time compiles
fine with -Wall using gcc (my primary compiler) these kind of problems can
crop up. Anyway, I'll look into these, but it will probably have to wait for 1.34.

Jef