From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-22 09:01:21

Edward Diener <eddielee_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Edward Diener wrote:
>>
>> One important thing you need to know is that this version of Boost.Build
>> is the last. After the 1.33 release, scheduled for August 1st, we will
>> be switching to version 2 of Boost.Build. So we have not spent the
>> effort to further document the dead version. Yes I know this doesn't
>> help you and others now.
>
> Agreed.
>
>> But all I can say is that the documentation for the new version is
>> considerably better.
>
> I look forward to the upcoming documentation for Boost Build version 2
> subsequent to the 1.33 release.

Well, it may be better, but I think it is also far from adequate. I
have put some energy into improving it, but it hasn't been enough. I
urge you, if you care about this issue, to read through the
documentation *now* and post your questions and editorial comments:

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/resources/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/bbv2.html

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting