From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-22 11:13:11

Edward Diener <eddielee_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> In the explanation for como-win32 toolset configuration variables,
> the variable COMO_BACKEND_PATH, which says "Path to backend compiler"
> has a default value of $(VC7_TOOLS). Running vcvars32.bat for vc7

I believe this is error in documentation. Actual value being used in
como-win23-tools.jam is VC7_ROOT . This should have been set by your
vcvars32.bat to c:\vsnet\vc7 (given your example directory c:\vsnet ).
If you do not have MSVC7 but other version of Visual C++ (like 6.0 or
7.1) you just need to customize two variables : COMO_BACKEND_PATH and
COMO_BACKEND . You might also create custom toolset, see
como-4_3_3-v17_1-tools.jam for example.

Regards

B.