From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-22 19:40:20

"Alo Sarv" <alo.sarv_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On 7/18/05, Alo Sarv <alo.sarv_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Compiled with:
>> g++ -I c:\boostcvs\include\boost-1_33 -L c:\boostcvs\lib test-path.cpp
>> -o test-path -lboost_filesystem-mgw-d
>> Tested against: Boost 1.32 release, CVS HEAD
>
> After some more searching, I found that it's actually dll builds that
> break on mingw - static builds work fine - all dll tests on
> file_system library seem to be skipped on mingw as well ... why?

It looks as if mingw ::GetLastError() is returning 0 rather than the correct
error code under some conditions. Furthermore, some versions of gcc fail to
deal with function address comparisons correctly across dll boundaries. I'm
not sure which bug has bitten you.

At least that is the appearance. I haven't had time to verify the bug or
determine the exact conditions and versions involved, so if you want to
track the problem down and file a bug report, that would be helpful.

Thanks,

--Beman