From: Jasper, Alexander (alexander.jasper_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-26 12:56:02

That sounds good!

> > It is bizarre behavior on the compiler's part, I hope they get it
> > fixed eventually.
> >
> > -Amit
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I suffered from ICEs using boost as well. They occured
> using multi_index lib, though. Turning of "Minimal Rebuild"
> helped for me.
>
> Minimal rebuild has given a lot of headache to me already. It has
> introduced bugs in my applications when using boost(I think it
> probably gets mistaken with its compilation depedancy and left some
> files without compile, that in fact should have been recompiled... I
> dont know...).

Everyone seems to have the same problems. Often enough the strangest behavior has gone vanished after doing a "rebuild all". Some times it is saying "no relevant changes detected" ... in fact they weren't quite so irrelevant.

Have you noticed this annoying bug of VC 7.1 debugger: create 2 (or more) files with the same name in different directories and build static libs from these directories. Put all projects in one solution file. The debugger is unable to distinguish between the 2 files. Every break is magically moved from one file to the other, when stepping code, the cursor moves in one file, but the code is executed in the other file. Annoying! I hope they fixed that with 8.0.