From: Merrill Cornish (merrill.cornish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-28 20:25:10

Gennadiy,

I re-built the libs just as you said. I then copied the newly built static library to the stage/lib directory where I have all of the others. Unfortunately, I still got the same undefined. HOWEVER!...

This is the first time I've noticed the boost_1_32_0/bin directory. I tried copying test_tools.obj into the directory with my own object files, added test_tools.obj to the list of my own object files in my make, and the link WORKED!

To me, that says the Boost code if OK, but I've messed up makefile. (It's been many years since I've had to do battle with a raw makefile, and it wasn't GCC's make then.) I've appended an excerpt from my makefile. The "test" target is the one that gets the undefined referenced UNLESS test_tools.obj is included in the ${testobjs} list. (Yes, there is a TAB before ${CXX}.)

What's wrong with the makefile?

Merrill

basedir = E:/DigS
boostdir = E:/boost_1_32_0
boostlibdir = ${boostdir}/stage/lib
boostlibtype = -mgw-mt-1_32
boostlibs = ${boostlibdir}/boost_regex${boostlibtype}.dll
boosttestlibs = ${boostlibdir}/libboost_unit_test_framework${boostlibtype}.lib
. . .
test : ${testobjs}
                             ${CXX} -o test ${boosttestlibs} ${boostlibs} test.o ${testobjs}