From: Jasper, Alexander (alexander.jasper_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-02 03:43:31

Hi Jeff, All!

thanks a lot for the reply. I assume the bug fix is in 1.33?

I'm still having issues with boost.optinal and boost.serialize working together (in 1.32).
Is for deserialization of boost::optional<T> T required to have default ctor?.

This prevents boost::optional<boost::posix_time::time_period> from being serialized. The extraction code fails to compile. I would an ugly way around this (please see my last email). Does anybody have ideas for better solutions?

I've attached a modified version of #include <boost/serialization/optional.hpp> to this email, that contains code changes to make to work with types w/o T having a default ctor. But I'm really unhappy with that solution and I don't know what I broke with this change...

thanks in advance

Alex