From: Richard Jennings (Richard.Jennings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-03 11:28:22

I'm getting a compile error with my code to do with the
boost::is_abstract class for compilers that don't support
type_traits/is_abstract, i.e. those that have BOOST_NO_IS_ABSTRACT
defined, BCB 5.6.4 in my case.

Serialization/is_abstract.hpp defines an is_abstract class if
BOOST_NO_IS_ABSTRACT is defined rather than including
type_traits/is_abstract.hpp. With 1.33 RC1 type_traits/is_abstract.hpp
now defines an is_abstract class if BOOST_NO_IS_ABSTRACT is defined,
which it didn't use to do. Thus the class boost::is_abstract is
multiply defined.

Minimal code to reproduce the error is:

#include <boost/type_traits.hpp>
#include <boost/serialization/is_abstract.hpp>

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
  return 0;
}

Compile that with BCB5.6.4 and you get:
[C++ Error] is_abstract.hpp(32): E2238 Multiple declaration for
'is_abstract<T>'
[C++ Error] is_abstract.hpp(130): E2344 Earlier declaration of
'is_abstract<T>'

The first is serialization/is_abstract.hpp the second is
type_traits/is_abstract.hpp.

Perhaps serialization/is_abstract.hpp could check for
type_traits/is_abstract.hpp having already been included or perhaps the
serialization version is not now needed?

Richard