From: Ames Andreas (Andreas.Ames_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-04 08:56:31

Hi,

although not directly boost related, I think the needed expertise is
certainly here and the answer to my question might be of common
interest.

Can someone point me to information resources about differences in
handling (removal of duplicated class instantiations, name resolution
rules for identifiers in template definitions etc.) of and
compiler/linker performance regarding templates?

I'm mainly interested in gcc and vc7; I've already read the discussion
about frepos in the gcc manual but found nothing about vc7. For both
of them but also for other tool chains I would be happy about further
and more detailed resources.

TIA,

aa

--
Andreas Ames | Programmer | Comergo GmbH |
Voice:  +49 69 7505 3213 | andreas . ames AT comergo . com