From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-04 15:23:16

Rush Manbert wrote:

> So it *appears* that defining BOOST_HAS_PTHREADS on the compiler command
> line is the general case solution for this problem, but I'm looking for
> opinions more expert than mine. If this is indeed true, then does anyone
> know why the macro isn't just defined in
> boost/config/platform/macos.hpp? Have I opened myself up to other
> problems by doing this? Any help would be appreciated.

Two items:

1. What version of Boost are you working with?

2. This post, by me, is likely addressing the problem you are seeing:

        http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/12379

We would all be very interested in finding out the answer to the
question I pose on that post. Because if the problem is not fixed for
the 1.33 release we would have to figure out how to fix it before the
release.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything