From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-09 01:55:01

Robert Ramey wrote:

> I've tracked this down to a borland compiler issue. I've made the fix on my
> local system but don't know where to check it (RC or Dev) yet. I don't know
> if this fix will make it into the 1.33 release but here it is:

I really think this should make it in to the RC. The whole point of RCs
is to find out about problems like this before the release so they can
be fixed.

The test cases obviously don't pick up these issues, but real usage
appears to as has been apparent over the last few days since RC1 was
released.

If these sorts of issues can be addressed but aren't, then what is the
point of an RC period?

Thanks

Russell