From: Steven Solie (ssolie_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-11 08:29:00

=?iso-8859-1?Q??=

Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
> Unfortunately the output of these tests is a bit poor, since it doesn't
> display the parameters causing the failure. I suppose that, since the
> overflow test fails on non-double floating-point formats, the same
> problem must happen for the test_float test.
>
> Is there any difference in the way AmigaOS deals with floating-point
> computations with respect to other PowerPC operating systems like Darwin
> or OSX?

I don't have a machine that can run Darwin and I haven't used OSX.

However, I do know a couple of things about AmigaOS math support:
1. math exceptions such as divide by zero are simply ignored
2. the underlying C library is custom made
3. the C++ library is the one that comes with GCC 3.4.4

I'm suspecting there may be a bug in the C99 library at this point.
Since the C library is open source, you can look for yourself at
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/clib2/

What I'm wondering now is what math functions the failed tests are
executing from the C library? Perhaps there is a boundary condition
that a math function is not handling correctly or something.

Since these tests don't fail on another PowerPC based system I think
the problem lies with my platform but I need help narrowing it down
a bit more.

Thanks!
--Steven