From: stark (stark_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-11 06:55:56

Hi

I'm trying to use the program_options header to satisfy my command line
needs, and I have have run into the following quirk with boost version
1.32 and microsoft visual c++ 7.1 when trying to use 'cout<<' to output
the program_options::options_description.
Appartently there is a limit to the length of the program option name.

When not specifying short optoins names, the option name seems to be
limited to 12 characters. greater than this and I get a debug assertion
failure in dbgheap.c line 1132 expression:
_CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData) .

When specifying a short option name, the limit for the full name seems
to be 6 characters. More than this results in a debug assertion falure
in debug mode (msvc++ 7.1, file dbgdel.cpp, line 52)
_BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse).
Is there something I can do to to fix this or work around the problem
(besides restricting the length of my option names)? Is this a compiler
specific problem? Something wrong with my settings?

many thanks,

Glen Stark