From: Christopher Coleman (cqc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-11 12:12:23

Robert Ramey wrote:

>>change "boost/serialization/hash_map.hpp" as below:
>>//#ifdef __GLIBCPP__
>>#include <ext/hash_map>
>>//#else
>>//#include <hash_map>
>>//#endif
>

>Why should the above be necessary? Isn't __GLIBCPP_ the right switch to
>use?

I believe the location of the header changed at some point from hash_map.hpp to etx/hash_map.hpp. They may also have changed the namespace from std:: to __gnu_cxx::. (This change is certainly the case between 2.95 and 3.3, but I'm unsure exactly when this happened)

As a result in the project I work on I have a bunch of autoconf macros to determine which namespace / header location is correct to use.

I think it is also the case with hash_set's too, although I have never used them with the serialization library.

Cheers
Chris