From: Jasper, Alexander (alexander.jasper_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-15 10:59:17

Hi!

If you are using VC7 rather VC 7.1 you of course use -sTOOLS=vc-7-stlport instead of -sTOOLS=vc-7_1-stlport.

But VC7 is crap. If it is possible I strongly recommend you to upgrade to 7.1 which really works a lot of better than any release before.

Also make sure you do a clean rebuild to prevent old compiler switches being stored in the precompiled header files.
Boost further requires you to enable the debug mode of stl-port, if I'm not mistakes. Adding the following to stl-user-config.h solved things for me.

#ifdef NDEBUG
#undef _STLP_DEBUG
#else
#define _STLP_DEBUG 1
#endif

BTW. STLPort 4.6.2 does not work well in conjunction with boost.serialize. A bug in the ostream::write method prevents it from handling writing 0 bytes correctly. Unfortunately the serializer writes 0 bytes in case of empty strings for instance.

kind regards

Alex