From: Kevin Wheatley (hxpro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-16 02:54:02

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> well, I'm pretty lazy :-)
>
> I can't remember exactly why I did not use a const_cast...perhaps because
> the current cast was more portable. somehow.

in my absence, it looks like others have said what I would have,
basically its a case of say what you mean and the compiler doesn't
issue the warning, I havn't checked on anything else compiler wise so
far as I left my machines building the rest of our in house system
overnight so can't help with other compilers at the moment.

If you have to use the C style cast it must be in a BOOST_WORKAROUND
situation rather than the normal case.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd | Nobody thinks this      |
| Senior Technology                     | My employer for certain |