From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-18 11:23:29

> Since the stl library of vc7.1 has some bugs and insufficiency. I use
> stlport libray all the times. I compile regex library with stlport 4.62
> and
> 5.0RC4, with or without the ICU. The dll all can not be compiled
> successfully! (In below I only describe the compile process with ICU.)
>
> First I try the stlport 4.62 with VC7.1 to build the library of regex, the
> script I use is(the icu is also compiled with the same stlport) :
> call "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
> 2003\Vc7\bin\vcvars32.bat"
> set TOOLS=vc-7_1-stlport
> set STLPORT_PATH=c:\opt
> set STLPORT_4.62_PATH=C:\opt\STLport-4.6.2
> set STLPORT_VERSION=4.6.2
> set ICU_PATH=c:\opt\icu
> bjam "-sBUILD=debug release <runtime-link>dynamic <threading>multi
> <native-wchar_t>on" "-sICU_PATH=c:\opt\icu" --with-regex stage
>
> But the dll files can not be compiled successfully. The error occurs when
> linking(Attentions the exp and pdb files exists).

All the errors seem to relate to wide-character functions, I believe if you
omit the <native-wchar_t>on flag then it should build (it does for me). Or
did you build STLport with /Zc:wchar_t ? If so it's possible we disabled
support for <native-wchar_t>on in the Jamfile given that STLport doesn't
normally support that.

> But I find in stlport 5.0 the rule of library and dll file is changed. The
> files are : stlport_d50.dll, stlport_r50.dll, stlport_stld50.dll,
> stlport_d50.lib, stlport_r50.lib, stlport_stld50.lib,
> stlport_static_d50.lib, stlport_static_r50.lib, stlport_static_stld50.lib
>
> I also try copy stlport_d50.lib and stlport_r50.lib as
> stlport_vc71_stldebug.lib and stlport_vc71.lib, and the link is completed.
> So I am very surprise which tell the regex to link with
> stlport_vc71_stldebug.lib and stlport_vc71.lib, I think it may be the
> boost
> or bjam, not stlport. Since the stlport 5.0 will be released soon. I think
> it is a big bug.

Not that big, I guess no-one has been testing with STLport 5 Beta, I'm sure
bjam will support it once it's released.

John.