From: Alexander Borghgraef (alexander.borghgraef.rma_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-19 07:15:03

On 8/18/05, Alan M. Carroll <amc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> It's all about types. In the stand alone expression, the bind() result is evaluated by passing it x, yielding an int which is compared to the int y, so operator== is called on two ints. In the find_if call, the bind() result is *not* evaluated so operator== is called on the bind type and an int.

  I suspected I wasn't using 1.33 (which indeed allows use of
operators in bind), but this apparent partial operator functionality
had me doubting. But this obviously explains it. And I've checked it
now, I am using 1.32, time to go badger the sysadmin to upgrade :-)
Thanks for the help, all.

--
Alex Borghgraef