From: Mat Marcus (mat-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-19 14:37:16

This sounds like the gcc vs. shared libs problem
again.
<http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/boost/2786704>

 - Mat

http://www.boost.org/more/discussion_policy.htm#effective

> "Jeff Lounsberry" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > I'm getting a segfault in Boost when I go to use
> mutexes. I built the
> > Boost unit test for threads with the following:
> >
> > bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" "-sBUILD debug
> <runtime-link>static <threading>multi"
> >
> > *** errors detected in test suite "Boost.Threads:
> mutex test suite"; see
> > standard output for details
> >
> > [---]
> >

> > *** errors detected in test suite "Boost.Threads:
> xtime test suite"; see
> > standard output for details
> > Segmentation fault
> >
> > [---]
> >
> > In Boost 1.33 there are errors with
> test_mutex_lib:

root_at_unstable:~/scratch/boost_1_33_0/bin/boost/libs/thread/test/test_mutex_lib.test/gcc/debug/runtime-link-static/threading-multi>
> ./test_mutex_lib
> > Running 6 test cases...
> > unknown location(0): fatal error in
> "test_try_mutex": signal: memory
> > access violation
> >
> > *** errors detected in test suite "Boost.Threads:
> mutex test suite"; see
> > standard output for details
> >
> > [--]
> > In Boost 1.33 there are no errors with
> test_xtime_lib:

root_at_unstable:~/scratch/boost_1_33_0/bin/boost/libs/thread/test/test_xtime_lib.test/gcc/debug/runtime-link-static/threading-multi>