From: Kent Holsinger (kent_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-20 15:18:36

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>unknown target type for
>><@boost!libs!test!build>libboost_prg_exec_monitor.dll
>

> I am not sure what the problem exactly, but there is not dll version of
> Boost.Test Component on Windows.

The problem does seem to lie with the Boost.Test configuration on
Windows. Building finishes without incident when bjam is invoked as

bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" --without-test install

The problem appears to be with line 70

if ! $(NT) && ( ! $(UNIX) || $(OS) != CYGWIN )

in libs/test/build/Jamfile. If as Gennadiy says, there is not supposed
to be a dll version of Boost.Test on Windows, I'm not sure how to fix
it, but if that line is changed to

if ! $(NT)

as it was in v1.32.0 -- at least making that change allowed me to build
everything, except the dll versions of Boost.Test. bjam tries to build
the dll versions of Boost.Test, but it fails.

Notice that line 70 in v1.33.0 doesn't seem consistent with line 85.

Kent

P.S. The wide versions of the serialization library seem not to have
installed.

--
Kent E. Holsinger                kent_at_[hidden]
                                  http://darwin.eeb.uconn.edu