From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-22 08:51:52

On 8/22/05 2:34 AM, "Daniel Krügler" <dsp_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[SNIP]
> 2) The function template
>
> template <typename IntType>
> IntType lcm(IntType n, IntType m);
>
> should be defined as
>
> template <typename IntType>
> IntType lcm(IntType n, boost::call_traits<IntType>::param_type m);
>
> which makes sense in this case because m is not modified internally (in
> contrast to n)
[TRUNCATE]

I saw a note from someone who is proposing an alternate to the boost::any
class:

* Should call_traits be used for templated assignment/construction? [No,
some searching in the boost mailing list suggested that it was an obsolete
optimization, and likely didn't make a difference anymore]

but I don't know how accurate it is, or if it's applicable to non-member
function templates.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie