From: Ames Andreas (Andreas.Ames_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-24 06:03:46

Hi,

I'm using some of boost's libs in my own projects. Therefore I like
to build certain (sub)variants of these libraries from the according
library subdirectories to avoid the (quite large) overhead when
building from the toplevel boost directory with the --with-<lib>
option.

Take Boost.Signals as an example. When I build in
boost/libs/signals/build using bjam, the subproject (not only signals)
seems not to support the stage target so that the resulting binary/ies
are build somewhere in boost/bin.

Now I would like to create a Jamfile outside the boost source tree
which does two things:

1) it builds selected (sub)variants of boost_signals, perhaps using
   some accordingly named NOTFILE targets,

2) it let's me copy the resulting binary/ies (i.e. libs and dlls) to a
   specified directory.

Unfortunately I seem not to be able to figure out how to do this with
bjam, especially how to get the full path of the built binary/ies. I
would really like to avoid hardcoding these paths. So any help is
appreciated.

TIA,

aa

--
Andreas Ames | Programmer | Comergo GmbH |
Voice:  +49 69 7505 3213 | andreas . ames AT comergo . com