From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-24 09:47:19

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Ames Andreas wrote:
>
>>I'm using some of boost's libs in my own projects. Therefore I like
>>to build certain (sub)variants of these libraries from the according
>>library subdirectories to avoid the (quite large) overhead when
>>building from the toplevel boost directory with the --with-<lib>
>>option.
>>
>>Take Boost.Signals as an example. When I build in
>>boost/libs/signals/build using bjam, the subproject (not only signals)
>>seems not to support the stage target so that the resulting binary/ies
>>are build somewhere in boost/bin.

Hm, for 1.33 I see a "stage" target in the signals/build/Jamfile.

>>Now I would like to create a Jamfile outside the boost source tree
>>which does two things:
>>
>>1) it builds selected (sub)variants of boost_signals, perhaps using
>> some accordingly named NOTFILE targets,
>>
>>2) it let's me copy the resulting binary/ies (i.e. libs and dlls) to a
>> specified directory.
>>
>>Unfortunately I seem not to be able to figure out how to do this with
>>bjam, especially how to get the full path of the built binary/ies. I
>>would really like to avoid hardcoding these paths. So any help is
>>appreciated.
>
> I know your message talks about V1, but with V2 this is a simple as:

Similarly for BBv1 it's:

stage my_stage
   : <dll>@boost/libs/signals/build/boost_signals
     <lib>@boost/libs/signals/build/boost_signals
   ;

It requires that you add definition of "boost" to your Jamrules file:

project boost : _path_to_boost_ ;

There's a complete example of this in the Boost.Python lib:

http://www.boost.org/libs/python/example/

HTH.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything