From: Matt (mattyt.boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-31 09:20:11

Heya Guys,

Just wondering if it's possible to rename the boost libraries after
they've been built. Specifically, I want to remove the boost version
(-1_33) that is appended to all the lib and dll libraries. The reason
is twofold; a) our source control system will mark the libs with a label
to indicate the version and b) it should make migrating to a new boost
version easier.

I'm pretty sure it's fine to just physically rename the static libraries
but seem to remember that for dynamic libs you can't do that because the
matching .lib file indicates which .dll the application should load.

Am I mistaken?

If not is there any other way to specify that you don't want the boost
version appended to the end of the filename?

Cheers,
Matt