From: BRIDGES Dick (Dick.Bridges_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-31 15:34:44

Thank you for the example.

I'm still not clear on the requirements surrounding such an
instance. For example, the reference requires that
<code>new E(*pCE)</code> be well-formed and make "a copy of
pE". Does the current implementation work ok with
boost::shared_ptr? How about auto_ptr? If a data member
would normally require a deep copy, would I be better off
managing it external to the event object - or avoiding that
type of data altogether? How many copies are we talking
about here?

Any cautions and/or advise regarding the use of data members
in events would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the response.

Regards,
Dick Bridges