From: Tim Taylor (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-01 04:00:05

Thanks for your help Jonathan.

Regarding my comment on the #includes, it's just a minor stylistic point
which you can take or leave. My point was just that, in my experience,
common practice is to use #include <..> for files from different
libraries, and #include "..." only for files from your own project. Of
course the only difference is that the <> version looks for files in the
include path, and the "" version first looks in the current directory
and then in the include path. Using <> to include headers from other
libraries is therefore *slightly* safer I guess, if only in the unlikely
situation where you have a header file with the same name in the current
directory; with <> you know you're using the library's own version of
the header file and not your own (which would generally be the desired
action unless you specifically wanted to override the library's own
version). Additionally, from a readability point of view, <> makes it
clear that the header is from another library.

As I say, this is a minor point, and feel free to ignore it!

Tim