From: Gottenbos, Hennie (Hennie.Gottenbos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-05 04:33:12

Hi All,

I am having problems using the [program_options] library from Boost
1.33. Using this simple program:

#include <boost/program_options.hpp>

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
 return 0;
}

I get compile errors like:

options_description.hpp(156) : error C2258: illegal pure syntax, must be
'= 0'
options_description.hpp(156) : error C2252: 'm_default_line_length' :
pure specifier can only be specified for functions
options_description.hpp(159) : error C2065: 'm_default_line_length' :
undeclared identifier

This is the first time I'm using Boost. I have successfully developed a
program that uses boost::filesystem but I have funny feeling this is a
compiler limitation which means I can not use [program_options] on VC6.

Can anyone confirm this so I can forget about program_options?

Thanks!
Hennie.