From: Paolo Coletta (paolo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-07 10:18:10

Hi,

I'm using Torjo's logging library in both an exe and a dll loaded from
that exe (OS: Windows Xp, Compiler VC71 - /MD compile flag -
multithreaded dll).
I need the exe and the dll to have independent logs, as the dll are
plugins implemented by third parties which may or not use boost log.

The approach I was trying to follow was:
- The exe declares/defines the log it needs. In its main function it
initializes the logging system (appenders/modifiers/flush_log_cache).

- Some of the dlls (at least the ones developed by me), declare/defines
their own logs. In the DllMain they initialize theri logging system
(appenders/modifiers/flush_log_cache).

Is this expected to work? I made some tests and I got an access
violation when exiting the main app, in the destructor of
default_log_manager_impl(). (I can send a simple test case if needed).

I also tried to compile the exe with BOOST_LOG_DYN_LINK but I always get
the access violation (don't know if this could help - I remember to have
seen this suggested in a similar case).

What am i doing wrong?

Paolo Coletta