From: Matt Hurd (matt.hurd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-07 18:56:44

>On 07/09/05, Amit Itzkovich <amit_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was looking into using boost threads. However, it seems there isn't anyway
> to change thread priorities. I need to use a high priority thread in order
> to perform time-critical midi processing under Windows XP and MacOSX.
> Did I miss something?

Hi Amit,

No you didn't miss anything. It doesn't exist but is on the to do
list. It is worthwhile remembering that when boost does add such a
mechanism it is likely to be a fairly simple abstraction to maintain
portability and a specific platform may offer extended mechanisms.
The meaning of priorities and scheduling mechanisms vary quite a bit
from platform to platform.

Regards,

Matt.