From: Rui Carvalho (rui.carvalho_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-08 05:12:07

Hi Doug,

I've had a look at the paper by Palmer & Steffan. The paper proposes a
generator for power-law graphs in "real internet graphs".
Is this a model that may be relevant in a more general context? (e.g.
Biology where many users of the BGL come from)

The point I'm trying to make is not whether PLOD is interesting or not, I
think that should be left to the wider research community to decide.
In this sense, the Barabasi-Albert model is, so far, *the* accepted model
and its use goes beyond modelling the internet -so shouldn't it have
priority?

Anyway, thanks for the reference.

Cheers,
Rui