From: Daniel Schlyder (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-09 09:40:04

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading to Boost.Build v2 and have run into a
problem with Boost.Filesystem (or my use of it). Executables using this
library crash when built with my BBv2 files, but work fine with my old BBv1
files. I'm using Boost CVS HEAD, MinGW GCC 3.4.4 and Boost.Jam 03.01.11. The
crash is a SIGSEGV in std::string::find_first_of() when called from
boost::filesystem::windows_name(). It doesn't matter whether I use a shared
or static variant of the library. Moving the definition of
windows_invalid_chars into windows_name() fixes it as long as I use a static
variant. I guess this should give some clue as to what is going wrong, but I
don't get it. I tried comparing the build commands of BB v1 and v2 but if
there is anything wrong I don't have the knowledge to see it. I tried
duplicating the crash using a simple BBv2 Jamroot and a "hello world"-ish
Boost.Filesystem program, but that works fine. I'm completely stuck here and
any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Daniel Schlyder