From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-12 12:29:20

Mihalicza, Jozsef wrote:

> 2.1. A file containing only whites and comments produced no
> tokens at all

That's not an error. By default Wave does not emit comment tokens.
Whitespace tokens are emmitted only if necessary. To get the comment tokens
as well you'll have to enable the 'preserve comments' mode which can be done
by calling:

ctx.set_language(boost::wave::enable_preserve_comments(ctx.get_language()));

after the creation of the context object, but before calling ctx.begin().

BTW: I've now enabled the preserved mode in the cpp_tokens sample, which
does exactly what you wanted to have when adding your token tracing code to
the quick_start application from the docs. This should help you in
correcting your code accordingly. But please note, this sample uses the Slex
lexer by default. I'd like to get notified if you get different behaviour
from this sample when compared to the output generated by the Re2C lexer.

> 2.2. Position of the enter token reports the
> new line number but the old column

The newline now reports the correct line number. This was a problem when
using the Re2C generated lexer only. The Slex generated lexer did not show
this error.

> 2.3. The #line directive
> affects the position in a very strange way

This problem seems to be fixed now as well. Please verify if it works for
you.

Generally the line numbers inside the generated tokens were somewhat bogus,
which has been fixed now. Please consider any irregularities in this regard
as bugs.

Thanks for reporting the problems!
Regards Hartmut