From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-14 18:31:44

swoh wrote:
> I am failing to compile the serialization library (from version 1.0.32)
> for use with VxWorks 5.4.2 (Tornado 2.2.1). I am restricted to their
> version of the g++2.96 compiler and matching libraries. I will probably
> be interested in using other boost libraries in the future (shared
> pointer at the least).
>
> The errors I am getting all have to do with default template parameters,
> although there may be other problems lurking ahead.
>
> Has anyone succeeded in using boost with this combination? Any tips?

If you look at
http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/1_33_0/user/serialization.html
-- You'll note that gcc 2.95.3 is not supported for that library, and
hence unlikely that the custom 2.96 will work either.

You might have some luck in combination with STLport.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything