From: Jeremy Siek (jeremy.siek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-15 10:46:18

Hi Tony,

On Sep 15, 2005, at 9:57 AM, Tony Cook wrote:
> How about
>
> "Default: requires the presence of the vertex_index property map"
>
> Why else do you think FAQ #5 exists ;)

That's a fine suggestion, I've made a change along those lines to
every graph algorithm.

> I'm new and I'm learning. Thanks for the enlightenment :) . OK
> please reread
> this as an issue with the graph_copy algorithm. Surely all graph types
> should at least copy - even if *relatively* inefficiently (I can't
> believe
> that its impractical to copy!!).
>
> Worse still you can write
>
> G1 = G2 ;
>
> It compiles but doesn't work! It's shallow.

Ew, that doesn't sound right. What graph type was that with? Could
you send a little program that demonstrates the problem.

>> That's an exaggeration.
>>

> :) :)
>
> What I didn't tell you is that I'm *forced* by VC7.1 to use vecS,listS
> graphs as with my particular collection of properties, ALL other
> graph type
> combinations cause VC7.1 to issue an "Internal Compiler Error" - I
> should
> have slammed the Ford attribute onto VC7.1 - it deserves it, not BGL

Ugh, I thought our days of ICE's from VC was over... that brings back
bad memories from the days of VC 6.

> Anyway I'm happy this issue is being considered. I need no further
> assistance on this matter.

Thanks for reporting these troubles, and thanks for encouraging the
use of the BGL at work!

Cheers,
Jeremy