From: Allen Cronce (acronce_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-15 15:06:57

Hi Marshall,

OK. I suppose that's better than changing boost source.

But does undefing those macro's have any negative effects? Will asserts still work, for example? Sorry in advance for my ignorance of Mac assert plumbing ;-)

Also, any ideas regarding the crash?

Best,
--
Allen Cronce

Marshall Clow wrote:
Hi all,

I just updated from boost 1.32.0 to 1.33.0 for a CodeWarrior MSL/carbon
project under Mac OS X. There were several build errors stemming from
the fact that "check" is already defined in /usr/include/AssertMacros.h.
For now I dealt with this my modifying my copy of the boost libraries to
substitute _check for check. This is of course an ugly solution, but I
wanted to move forward.

What I do is in my precompiled header (after including
<Carbon/Carbon.h>, I have the following lines:

#undef check
#undef require
#undef nrequire

<Editorial and historical comments about those macros deleted>