From: Martin Sarrazac (martin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-16 08:16:01

Hi,
compiler: mingw gcc 3.4.4
I would like to compile boost.signals without exception handling, I
read somewhere about the <exception-handling> feature so I tried:

bjam --builddir=c:\temp -sTOOLS=mingw "-sBUILD=debug
<exception-handling>off <runtime-link>dynamic <threading>single"
--libdir=C:\boost\lib\noe --with-signals -d2 install

without success, it compiles fine but not without exception handling.
specifically the -fno-exception command line option should be passed to
gcc and it's not.

I had a look at tools/build/v1/gcc-tools.jam and I found this line for
rtti support for instance:

flags gcc C++FLAGS <rtti>off : -fno-rtti ;

However there is nothing equivalent for exceptions...

On a side note I don't know how to give a new tag to the 'no exception'
version of the library, so I compiled it in an other directory
(--libdir=C:\boost\lib\noe). However I would much prefer to give it a
specific name. Is there somewhere information about all the -sBUILD
flags can be found? Can't seem to locate it.

Thanks for your help