From: Alexander Schuh (alexander.schuh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-17 15:52:17

Hi,

in Example 1 there is a structure:

struct employee
{
  int id;
  std::string name;
  int age;
  …
};

Is it possible to create automatically

A) container with id as an index

B) a view with name as index

C) a view with age as index ?

For this example it is easy to create the containers and views by hand but I
plan to
use at least 10 structures with many dimensions.

For some containers I also need hash_indices - so there is really a lot of
similar code, which

I don’t want to have.

Also I want to provide iterators or one general (template) iterator for all
dimensions. How would
you write such a general iterator?

There should be a function that takes for example “employee_name” or
“employee_id” as a parameter to query
the employee container. It would also be interesting to have a function that
creates an iterator based only on the

Information, for example, multi_index::container(1)_index(2).

Is there a function that calculates the max. index number of a certain
container?

Thank you very much,

Alex Schuh