From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-23 12:04:53

Another post has me convinced that the problem is that there are multiple
copies of a base class extended_type_info record which I believe
shouldn't occur.

If you trap your debugger the serialization.dll (shared_lib) at line 58 of
extened_type_info.cpp you should trap every time an extended_type_info
record is "self_registered". Examination of the stack should reveal
where this is being called from. I expect that the base class is being
self registered from both the DLL as well as the main executable.

My current thinking is that this behavior should be prohibited and
detected with an exception. Other users have addressed this
by tweaking the code in extended_type_info.cpp to permit
multiple "self registration" of the same extended_type_info type.
This eliminated their symptoms and everything seems to work.
But from my understanding of the library, I believe this just
hides a deeper problem.

Without seeing a test program - which no one has been able
to deliver, I'm just speculatiing of course.

Good Luck,

Robert Ramey