From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-26 05:06:01

> Hmm, I think a lot of distributions of TR1 will, at first, be edited,
> copied, trimmed, out-of-date, versions of boost's implementations
> anyway, so is there a way to say "I want to use the Boost version by
> default"? (#define?)

No for the following reason:

If your vendor supplied version of <utility> already declares the TR1
components inside namespace std::tr1, the there is no way that Boost can do
the same thing.

If you really want the Boost versions then *use the Boost versions
directly*.

I guess we could get into namespace renaming:

#define tr1 boost_tr1

something like STLport does, but lets see if there's a real demand first.

John.