From: Aaron Griffin (aaronmgriffin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-26 11:50:24

I have a question, and it's something that has been bothering me for
some time when dealing with boost.

There are certain boost libs which require link libraries
(static/dynamic). That's normal. However, if I wanted to statically
link against, say, multithreaded Boost.Filesystem (gcc), I would need
to add -Bstatic -lboost_filesystem-gcc-mt (or something to that
effect). A majority of projects provide some sort of pkg-config
files, or even their own app (gtk-config ?).

Is there any functionality like this out there? Is there any way I can
make this re-buildable on multiple target machines with multiple
install locations in an easy manner? Ideally, something like:
boost-config --static-libs filesystem
would fit the standard scheme and allow for different machine to have
different boost installation roots, and things of that nature.

Without something like that, I am forced to either add configure
flags, or force a user to modify a "config.mk" style file.