From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-28 20:41:28

Robert Ramey wrote:

> As I write thsi, I was going to mention that shared_ptr<T> has the
> same problem --- But, it doesn't now I have to think about if there
> is any problem at all or what.
>
> Robert Ramey

Now I remember - shared_ptr is marked with no_tracking. That is we never
serialize a pointer to a shared_ptr (makes sense!). Thus we never have to
invoke BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT(shared_ptr<X>) .

So, if boost::any can be no_tracking then there is not problem at all. Just
implement serialization for boost::any<T> and be sure that
BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT is applied to each T as usual.

Robert Ramey