From: Jim Douglas (jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 07:51:26

Hi,

(New to Boost & bjam - not QNX)

I am trying to build the Boost libs for QNX 6.3.0 on both the Windows hosted
and QNX hosted development platforms using the gcc tools.

What happens if I build out of the box is -

Under Windows most of the libraries build, but they have Windows suffixes
".lib" and ".dll" which suggest that the build options are targeting
Windows.

Under QNX most of the build fails. The principal error seems to be a message
"g++: unrecognised option -pthread". I have tried running './configure' but
that does not make any difference.

If I have interpreted the docs correctly perhaps the version 2 build system
would be more appropriate for cross platform builds? Can I specify or detect
the host, target and toolset independently?

Any help and advice greatly appreciated...
Jim Douglas