From: Klaus Nowikow (nowikow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 11:00:42

Jonathan Turkanis <technews <at> kangaroologic.com> writes:

> Klaus Nowikow wrote:
> [...]
> > <code>
> > #include <boost/iostreams/filter/bzip2.hpp>
> > int main(int argc, char* argv[])
> > {
> > return 0;
> > }
> > </code>
> >
> > I get the linker error (MSVC 7.1):
> > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> > 'libboost_bzip2-vc71-mt-1_33.lib'
> [...]
> >
> > - Got the sources for the bzip2 and the zlib libraries
> > - Built the libs
> > - Built Boost with this command line:
> > bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1" "-sNO_COMPRESSION=0" "-sNO_ZLIB=0"
>
> I think you need to ommit NO_COMPRESSION, NO_ZLIB, .. from the command lines.
> Simply defining the environment variables specifying the ;ocations source of
> the
> headers and binaries will enable compression support.
>
> Let me know if it works.

It works, thank you.

The autolinking feature still tries to link (lib)boost_bzip2-vc71-mt-1_33.lib,
so in addition to omitting NO_COMPRESSION... I had to define the preprocessor
symbol BOOST_IOSTREAMS_NO_LIB in my project settings and add
boost_iostreams-vc71-mt-1_33.lib manually (this works because both bzip2.cpp and
zlib.cpp are be compiled into (lib)boost_iostreams-vc71-mt-1_33.lib).

I also tried to add -sBZIP2_SOURCE=... and -sZLIB_SOURCE=... to the bjam call
to let bjam create libboost_bzip2 and libboost_zlib. Unfortunately, this does
not seem to create the dll versions.

--
Klaus