From: Aaron Griffin (aaronmgriffin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-30 11:17:07

Just a couple of "noob" spirit questions for you all which are more
experiences in the zen ways of Spirit.

If I chose to use a parser tree (or ast) instead of cluttering my code
with semantic actions, is there any trade off in parse speed, besides
the obvious tree generation itself?

Now, let's say I generate a parse tree, and output the results to some
sort of XML or structured format. Would spirit allow me to regenerate
the tree from that format? i.e. Are there any issues/complications
with generating the tree manually?

What is more common, an AST or a parser tree? I understand the
technical differences, but not the reasons behind them (yet).

Thanks in advance.