From: Ben Hutchings (ben.hutchings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-06 15:43:42

Dick Bridges wrote:

>If I could start with a "bound" x, I probably wouldn't have so much
>trouble with the concept. I get confused when trying to deal with the
>implied 'this' when starting from the bind(&X::f, _1, _2) form. In the
>current case [i.e., void f(bool)], I think _2 represents the bool
>parameter and can't figure out how to express the unbound 'this'.
>Clearly there is an error in my understanding of the underlying concept.

_1, _2, ..., _9 represent the 1st, 2nd, ..., 9th parameters to the
function object that bind() produces. Their numbering has nothing to do
with the order of arguments to the function, member function or function
object that's being bound, which will be the same as the order of the
arguments given to bind().

Ben.