From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-11 09:46:44

Hi Arkadiy,

When BOOST_TYPEOF_NATIVE is defined, the following code does not
compile, and this is precisely what I want to do.

template <class T1, class T2>
struct my_struct {
  typedef BOOST_TYPEOF_TPL( T1()+T2() ) type;
};

When BOOST_TYPEOF_NATIVE is not defined, including
boost/typeof/std/complex.hpp produces the error message

typeof/std/complex.hpp", line 15.2: 1540-0130 (S)
"BOOST_TYPEOF_REGISTER_TEMPLATE_PARAM_PAIR" is not declared. There might
be a simple trick to avoid this problem? Thanks,

Karl

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:

>"Karl Meerbergen" <Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden]> wrote
>

>>Looking at the regression test results, it seems that some typeof tests
>>do not compile on IBM. Did somebody have a look at this? Is this a known
>>problem?
>>

>Typeof is a new library, it has not been ported to IBM, and there are no
>immediate plans of doing this. But the native mode seems to mostly work, so
>you may want to use it for now, just define BOOST_TYPEOF_NATIVE.
>
>Regards,
>Arkadiy

Look at our unique training program and
Register on-line at http://www.fft.be/?id=35