From: Rush Manbert (rush_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-12 13:55:27

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>>So it looks like the dylibs can be built if the right flags are passed
>>to ld. I would
>>try it, but I have no idea how to go about changing the jamfile, or even
>>which
>>one to change. If you want me to test a modified jamfile, you could
>>email it
>>with instructions to rush at manbert dot com.
>>- Rush
>>

>You don't change Jamfile to add flags to linker. There is tool file that is
>responcible for that. In this case it's
>boost\tools\build\v1\darwin-tools.jam. I am no expert in this staff. So you
>better ask Boost.Build guys.
>
>Gennadiy

But everything else builds successfully. It doesn't seem reasonable that
you would want to make
undefined symbols acceptable for all dylib builds, just for the test
subsystem. Isn't there a provision
for special cases on a per-library basis? (For instance, I found a
Jamfile in boost_1_33_0/libs/date_time/build
that appears to provide special handling for the library creation.)

- Rush