From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-14 08:25:12

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 00:30:18 -0400, David Abrahams wrote
> "Piyush Kapadia" <piyush.kapadia_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Though catch(.) statement allows catching exception not associated with any
> > class, it leads to ambiguous condition as there is no way to have any error
> > message with it.
> >

> > Does Boost provide any means to be able to print stack trace when exception
> > is caught ?
>
> No, Boost doesn't provide that. It isn't possible to implement that
> feature portably; in fact by the time you reach catch(...) the stack
> trace information may be completely gone.

It can be done for user exceptions by snapping the stack at the point of the
exception throw. There's some really old stuff that was proposed a couple
years back this. I haven't used this on a real project and obviously it
hasn't been reviewed, so 'buyer beware'. You'll need a Yahoo id to see these
files.